Monday, February 22, 2016

On GOD and ISrael

On GOD and Israel

It is my fervent belief that Israel alone is still the favored and unique nation unto GOD. That in times past, GOD has made many promises and prophecies of and to Israel that will carry to the end of the age. I believe this for a number of reasons;

In particular, I see Israel in most of the prophecies of end times. If Israel only consisted of JESUS and HIS followers, then Israel wouldn't be named by twelve tribes in The Revelation.

I believe Israel's return to the promised land in 1948 is a fulfillment of prophecy and a continuation of the signs that Israel is favored and GOD has not cast them off.

I see Israel in the end times prophecies of the OT. Daniel, Micah, Habakkuk, and others all prophecy to Israel and about Israel.

Romans 11 has been interpreted both ways. I am sure great theologians have argued both sides of this issue over the centuries. However, it is because I see this in the Bible, that it informs my other beliefs with regard to Israel and GOD.

There is one thing I know for certain, you cannot look at the relationship GOD has with Israel and related it to GOD's interaction with any other nation. There is only one Israel and the rest are gentile nations.

But, you can look at what GOD does with Israel and see that HE is doing the same with Christians today. Just as GOD raised up godless nations to take Israel captive as their chastisement, so you can see GOD doing in America today. GOD is raising up a godless nation to take the Christians in America captive and to be HIS chastisement upon them.

That is why no amount of effort to pass laws or use government to fix this will come to anything. Only GOD can decide to change the direction of the nation and only Christians have the position to influence that. Without faith, it is impossible to please HIM. If HE is not pleased, I dare to say, it is because the people of faith are not pleasing to HIM.

We have cast off HIS laws and precepts. We have counted as nothing HIS principles and plans. We, the Christian community, have made ourselves repulsive in our dealings with each other and with our GOD and with HIS Israel.

This is what I believe. We do things in the name of JESUS that JESUS never said to do and then ask HIM to bless our plans while rejecting HIS. We will not change and turn from this because our great theologians of today reject the notion. They say “America has turned from GOD” but never see that it is the Israel in America that is to blame.

You think putting the right person in office can fix an economy that has been broken by GOD. You think we can bring in the right president and implement the right protections to make us safe. GOD is the ONLY answer. HE is not just a part of the answer. HE holds the heart of the rulers in HIS hands and they do what HE wants. It is not the nation we need to strive to fix, it is the church. As the church goes, so goes the nation.

Yes, I know all of this is from GOD, even HIS choice to let us turn away from HIM. I have read the book, I know how it ends. But, we must still try to call HIS people back to HIM, even if they will not listen, and cannot hear.

This is what I believe. Therefore, you can reject it fully or in part. What I write is not scripture, but I am certain it is the truth of scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment